Tuesday 3 August 2010

Bonjour.

Hello, again. I'm freshly back and freshly tanned from the fresher than fresh Soundwave festival. I'm kind of happy noone really reads this because I, selfishly, don't really want anyone to know about Soundwave! The place is insane. A kind of Ibiza for the middle-class, were I to be snobby.

Anyway, on to more music. This blog started out mainly as a general moan point for my life, but as I seem to be meandering into a music journalism career path I guess I'll focus on that stuff. Woop.

So, I'm going to start doing some album and EP reviews, but, as I'm short of time and rather ill, I'll just pop up a few youtunes to keep you (and me) occupied.

First, another banger from the infamous Hudson Mohawke, everyone's favourite nutbag. This tune, along with several others, was free as part of the marketing campaign for Sonar festival in Barcelona, which apparently wasn't great this year... but this tune is!



Next, something I really should have given a proper review when it came out. Regardless, Mount Kimbie's first full LP, Crooks & Lovers, soldiers on. Check out one of my favourite tracks from this absolutely monstrous eater of superlatives, 'Before I Move Off'.



OOooh, Rudiiiii. Yes, yes, Rudi Zygadlo is back with an entire album, featuring the aforementioned 'Resealable Friendship', expertly remixed by Starkey, and the original version of 'Filthy Logic'. Entitled Great Western Laymen, for some indecipherable reason, this album is move of the same post-hiphop, jarred, glitchy beats with a cart full of synths and more drops than you can shake the brok-stick at. Even my dog likes it. Youtube seems shy on Rudi tracks though, lest they be posted twice, as such, here's a mash-up from the man himself, a Milanese track with the vocals of the much admired Joanna Newsom over the top. Enjoy.



Finally, a bloody Four Tet remix! Aren't I good to you? I know little of Caribou, so I'll do some sniffing and get back to you on that, but this is just beautiful. Till next time, god bless, and don't smoke hi-grade.

No comments: